Effective January 1, 2018, there will be an additional $75 recording fee due to passage of Senate Bill 2 (SB 2), Affordable Housing and Jobs Act Fee, unless specific exemptions apply.
The County Clerk/Recorder strives to provide responsive, efficient, and cost-effective service to customers while maintaining the highest degree of respect, fairness, public trust and integrity. Such service is balanced to reflect compliance with statutory requirements and the needs of our customers.
Our office carries out the following functions on behalf of Sacramento County:
- Issues and registers marriage licenses
- Performs civil marriage ceremonies
- Registers notaries public, process servers, professional photocopiers, legal document assistants (LDAs), and unlawful detainer assistants (UDAs)
- Records or files authorized documents and maps
- Preserves the official archive of legally recordable documents
- Maintains records of all marriages, births, and deaths occurring within Sacramento County (Note: Divorce records are maintained by the Superior Court.)
- Issues birth, death and marriage certificates, and certified copies of recorded documents
Sign up for email alerts about County Clerk/Recorder services